Piraeus Bank computes the variable interest for lei loans by the Oct. 16 ROBOR ratePublish date: 22-10-2008
Piraeus Bank Romania will calculate the interests for lei loans using the ROBOR interbank offer rate dated October 16, of 15.97 percent, to which will add its own margin, as interbank loans are significantly more expensive, announced the bank today.
The decision will be applied retroactively, for those to have already contracted a loan from the bank.
"Piraeus will keep the ROBOR rate at the October 16 quota, for three months, in order to compensate for the negative effects of the loan interests increase. This is meant as an aid for clients in the attempt to stick to their financial commitments," reads the bank release.
Piraeus Bank Romania had 3.95 billion euros worth assets after the first half of the year and aimed to reach 180 units by the end of the year. The bank extended on average by seven units a month, which led to a 45 percent growth of its territorial net compared to the end of 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei