Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates24.02.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5169 RON
- 1 USD 4.2669 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2410 RON
- 1 GBP 5.3549 RON
- 1 gr. aur172.3556 RON
Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to MarmosimUpdated: 27-04-2010 | Politics
Adriean Videanu asked, in a letter sent to EC the opinion of the European commissionaire for regional development about the intention of Marmosim, whose owner he is to take EU funds in an operational programme where the ministry of economy is management authority. The letter is sent by Videanu to the European commissionaire for regional development, Johannes Hahn and in the text the minister admits indirectly that he is in conflict of interest, according to the Romanian legislation who says that the position of member of the government is incompatible with the quality of member of a group of economic interests, according to NewsIn.
Thus, according to the letter, the Marmosim company, where the minister says he is majority shareholder 'as private person' had the intention to present a project to obtain structural funds through the operational sectorial programme "The Development of Economic competitiveness"(POS & CCE). The ministry of economy, commerce, business environment acts as management authority for the POS CCE and Marmosim, Videanu's firm is the biggest producer of ornamental rocks in Romania.
"As I want to avoid any problems, I would appreciate if you could express your opinion on this matter, under the conditions where it could have delicate connotations" the letter sent to the European commissionaire by Videanu. The letter is sent by Videanu as minister of economy, commerce and business environment and has the seal of the government of Romania.
According to the Romanian law ( law 161/2003, updated) through conflict of interests we understand the situation where the person of public position has a personal interest which could influence the objective undertaking of tasks, according to the constitution and other norms, the law says.
The person who undertakes the position of government position is obliged not to issue any act or to sig any judicial act or to take part in any decision making as part of the authority management which produces a material use for himself, for his/her spouse or relatives, otherwise the administrative acts issued are annulled.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings