BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicatedPublish date: 10-05-2010
The situation is "quite complicated", especially since Romania cannot afford to ignore the economic context of the region and the risk of a quick impact of the financial crisis in Greece, governor of the Romanian National Bank (BNR) Mugur Isarescu on Monday said, after the meeting with members of the Senate Standing Bureau.
"The situation is quite complicated, and I am not talking only about Romania, but of the bad economic situation in the entire region. We cannot neglect this context; we cannot ignore the quick impact that might hit us. This is a characteristic of the financial crises, they just outburst and then follow the violent moments," said Isarescu.
Governor Mugur Isarescu specified that on Monday he provided to the Standing Bureau of the Senate a more complex analysis on the content of the "additional agreement" with the IMF, concerning the responsibilities of BNR - financial stability, payment of the state dues in the next period, the evolution of course, possible changes in interests, financing of the deficit, "all on the background of a tense global and regional context".
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei