Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates24.02.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5169 RON
- 1 USD 4.2669 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2410 RON
- 1 GBP 5.3549 RON
- 1 gr. aur172.3556 RON
The insurance market reached 8.29 billion lei in 2013, 0.4% more than the previous year, while its share in GDP dropped to 1.31%, from 1.4% in 2012, according to provisional data of the Financial Supervision Authority.
In the analysed period of time, the amounts paid by insurance companies in 2013 dropped by 4.7% to 4.94 billion lei. More than half of subscribed premiums (50.84%) were in Bucharest and Ilfov county.
In the general insurance segment, most subscribed premiums were RCS insurances (mandatory vehicle insurance), with a share of 37.18% of total, which means 2.467 billion lei.
The second insurance category was CASCO insurances with 1.795 billion lei incomes, on the drop by 6.33% compared to 2012. Insurance policies for fire and other natural calamities ranked third, with 1.168 billion lei, on the rise by 8.1% against 2012.
In the life insurance segment, traditional class A policies reached incomes of 1.04 billion lei, on the drop by 5.97% compared to 2012, while class 3, unit linked policies attracted 548.43 million lei in 2013, dropping by 12.43% against 2012. As for damages, the amounts paid by insurance companies for the general insurance segment were of 4.198 billion lei, on the drop by 5.74%.
Read more on Act Media
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
- Clean water for Romania's Bihor county EURO5m EBRD loan to complement EU funds
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings