Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates27.03.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5500 RON
- 1 USD 4.1870 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2529 RON
- 1 GBP 5.2686 RON
- 1 gr. aur169.3164 RON
Clean water for Romania's Bihor county EURO5m EBRD loan to complement EU funds Updated: 12-09-2013 |
The EU Cohesion Fund and the EBRD are joining forces to modernise and upgrade the water and wastewater services in Bihor, a county in the north west of Romania.
The EBRD is providing a €5 million loan with 15-year maturity to co-finance a regional investment programme of €83.27 million equivalent, approved by the European Union, which includes significant grant funding from the EU.
The modernisation programme will be implemented by Compania De Apa Oradea S.A., the local water utility and recipient of the loan. The upgrade is expected to reduce water losses, optimise costs and bring services in line with EU environmental directives.
Jean-Patrick Marquet, EBRD Director for Municipal and Environmental Infrastructure, said: "The EBRD is committed to improving urban infrastructure, particularly water services, in Romania and helping the country to absorb EU cohesion funds. This loan will enable the company to modernise water and wastewater infrastructure in twelve urban agglomerations of Bihor.”
The EBRD's loan is being provided under the Bank's Romania EU Cohesion Funds Water CoFinancing Framework, launched in 2010. The utility in Bihor is the nineteenth company in Romania to benefit from the modernisation of water and wastewater services. To date the Bank has invested over €250 million under the Framework and has mobilised more than €1.6 billion of EU funding in Romania's water and wastewater facilities.
Since the start of its operations in the country the EBRD has invested approximately €6.4 billion across over 330 projects in Romania and has further mobilised over €12 billion for these ventures from other sources of financing.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings