Number of new car registrations in Romania climbs 34.5 percent in January this yearPublish date: 16-02-2008
The number of new cars registered in Romania hiked 34.5 percent in January this year against the same month in the previous, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers' Association.
Some 30,000 new cars were bought in Romania in January 2008.
The number of licensed cars in the European Union slipped 0.3 percent last month against January 2007, from 1,312,000 to 1,309,000 units, on lower sales.
Lithuania witnessed the most significant increase in the number of new car registrations last month (55.2 percent), followed by Slovakia (36.6 percent), Romania (34.5 percent) and Poland (24.6 percent). The new cars licensed in Great Britain, France, Italy and Spain dropped in January this year, because of loan crisis on the international market.
Romania, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic were the most dynamic markets in January 2008, with more than 10,000 new cars registered.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei