World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim to visit RomaniaPublish date: 08-05-2013
World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim will visit Romania on May 9th - 10th, his first visit to the country since becoming president in July 2012.
During his visit, Kim will meet with government leaders, political and civil society representatives, and business representatives to discuss how the World Bank Group can best continue supporting Romania's inclusive growth and shared prosperity. Meetings will focus on the challenges and opportunities facing Romania, an upper middle-income country, and the needed reforms in the European Union context.
Kim will be accompanied by Frank Heemskerk, Executive Director, Philippe Le Houerou, Europe and Central Asia Vice President, Mamta Murthi, Country Director, Elisabetta Capannelli, Country Manager, Thomasz Telma, International Finance Corporation Regional Director, Stefan Nanu, Alternate Executive Director, and Ana Maria Mihaescu, International Finance Corporation Chief Resident Representative.
There will be a brief press opportunity with Kim and Prime Minister Victor Ponta after their meeting on May 9th. Details regarding this event will be relayed to the members of the press by the Prime Minister's office.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei