EIB and BCR continue to support SMEs, midcaps and municipalities in RomaniaPublish date: 04-03-2013
The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Banca Comerciala Romania S.A. (BCR) signed a further EUR 50 million loan agreement to finance projects to be carried out by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), midcap companies and public entities in Romania.
The EIB loan will co-finance projects contributing towards regional development and the productivity of SMEs and midcap companies in Romania involved in industry and services. Energy efficiency investments carried out by SMEs will also receive grant support from the European Commission (EC) under the SME Finance Facility Energy Efficiency Window, which provides for cooperation between the EIB and the EC to reduce CO2 emissions in construction and industry.
Mr Mihai Tanasescu, EIB Vice-President responsible for Romania, commented: "It is an EIB priority to improve the access of SMEs, midcap companies and municipalities to long term finance and contribute to strengthening of their competitiveness. At the same time, EIB funds will foster implementation of priority projects being significant for the development of the Romanian economy”.
This loan is in line with the EIB's priority to support Europe's SMEs to help mitigate the effects of the financial crisis. To this end, the EIB is joining forces with well-established financing institutions, like BCR, that know the local market and have SMEs, midcap companies and public entities as their customers. This loan builds on the EIB's successful cooperation with BCR. Together with previously granted loans, the Bank has now provided EUR 300m of support to BCR for the financing of priority projects.
Mr Wolfgang Schoiswohl, BCR Vice-President responsible for Corporate Banking stated: "BCR's agreements with EIB turn into loans to companies in the real economy. Together with EIB, BCR is providing accessible financing to help investments, enhance productivity and support employment for sustainable economic growth. Our cooperation is further aimed at supporting the absorption of EU funds in Romania, as more than 75% of EIB funds are allocated to projects developed with EU financing.”
Since 2000, BCR has been involved in supporting Romanian SMEs develop viable projects through competitive financing schemes, together with international partners. BCR has financed so far over 10,000 such projects, for which the total co-financing value surpasses EUR 1 bn.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei