PwC Romania launches ExperTax, its first Mobile Tax ApplicationPublish date: 16-01-2013
PwC Romania launches its first Mobile Application called ExperTax which provides basic tax assistance to individuals working as freelancers or authorised consultants in Romania.
The main feature of this App is a Tax calculator, an algorithm which calculates the taxes due in any individual case of a specific user. This is the most complex part of the app and includes drop down fields with multiple choices, where the user will input his/her specific conditions and the algorithm will provide a final result. This section allows the user to calculate back and forth their income from gross to net or from net to gross.
"As the use of smartphones becomes more widespread, this impacts every aspect of the economy, including tax consultancy. Our clients are sophisticated business persons that require more and more innovative products to keep informed and to compute their tax dues as fast as possible in the most comfortable and appealing manner as possible. ExperTax is the perfect tool for such tasks and I am sure that it will become a favourite application of individuals in liberal professions in Romania. The launch of this mobile tax application shows how PwC Romania understands to be at the forefront of innovation on the tax consultancy market, just as the launch of TaxOnline.ro was the first online portal that offered customized tax advice”, stated Peter de Ruiter, Tax and Legal Services Leader, PwC Romania.
The application also includes the following sections:
- · News section -picks up tax news and legislative changes that are relevant to individuals;
- · Calendar - provides a calendar of payments of taxes due;
- · Legal provisions - includes a detailed description of the obligations of the individual as per current legislation: taxes and contributions due, tax rates, conditions and exceptions, penalties, tax payment terms, deadlines, declarations to be filed, filing terms, information about rectifying returns, and other relevant information;
- · Useful links -provides a one-stop shop with links to tax authorities websites, European legislation, and other tax relevant portals;
- · PwC information - includes contact details or our professionals, location maps of PwC offices in Romania, and basic information about PwC.
The application is in Romanian language and is free of charge.
Currently the iOS version is available on Apple Store for iPhones and iPads.
Android and BlackBerry platforms expected to be launched in the coming weeks, also for phones and tablets.
PwC helps organisations and individuals create the value they're looking for. We're a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com/ro
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei