Vodafone Romania launches the first 4G commercial services for its customersPublish date: 20-11-2012
- Starting today, the new 4G services are available to new and existing Vodafone customers that choose the Internet Nelimitat Extra and Internet Nelimitat Profesional packages;
- Customers only need to activate the promotional option "Unlimited 4G traffic”, which is offered free for 3 months, in the period November 20 - December 31, 2012
- Vodafone's 4G network is available in 10 cities: Arad, Bacau, Brasov, Bucuresti, Cluj, Constanta, Craiova, Iasi, Galati and Timisoara and provides speeds of up to 75 Mbps
Three weeks since its 4G network readiness milestone, Vodafone is pleased to announce the launch of the first 4G services in Romania, at speeds of up to 75 Mbps, following the legislative changes allowing operators to provide LTE services starting this year.
Starting today, 4G services are available for new and existing Vodafone subscribers who choose the Internet Nelimitat Extra and Internet Nelimitat Profesional packages, and activate for free the promotional option "Unlimited 4G traffic”. The promotional launch offering, valid from November 20 to December 31, 2012, brings customers free unlimited traffic, for three months since the activation of the option.
Customers who choose 4G services will receive the special "4G Ready” SIM and will be able to purchase one of the compatible devices from Vodafone Romania's portfolio:
- - USB Vodafone K5005 LTE modem, for PC/Laptop connectivity, available from 0 Euro, with a two-year Internet Nelimitat Profesional subscription, for 19 Euro/month;
- - Vodafone Hotspot R210 LTE, which connects simultaneously up to five devices - smartphone, laptop, tablet or PC, for 89 Euro, along with the two-year Internet Nelimitat Profesional subscription;
- - Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 KL tablet, with prices starting 419 Euro, with the two-year Internet Nelimitat Profesional subscription. The tablet which will be available starting next week, has a 10,1” WUXGA, Full HD display, with a 1920 x 1200p resolution and runs over Android 4.0 OS.
Vodafone's 4G network is currently operational in 10 cities: Arad, Bacau, Brasov, Bucuresti, Cluj, Constanta, Craiova, Iasi, Galati and Timisoara and provides 4G services at speeds of up to 75 Mbps. Outdoor coverage is over 90% in most of these cities, except Bucharest, due to the current spectrum usage limitations. More details about Vodafone's 4G coverage are available at www.vodafone.ro/acoperire.
4G services can be tested by all Vodafone clients in 17 Vodafone stores on all the compatible devices available in our portfolio.
In 2013, Vodafone Romania will be able to provide 4G commercial services, at speeds of up to 100 Mbps. Vodafone's 4G network runs in the 1800 MHz frequency bandwidth. Romania is among the first European markets where Vodafone rolled out 4G services, after Germany, Portugal and Italy.
Vodafone is one of the world's largest mobile communications companies by revenue with approximately 407 million customers in its controlled and jointly controlled markets as of 30 September 2012. Vodafone currently has equity interests in over 30 countries across five continents and more than 50 partner networks worldwide. For more information, please visit www.vodafone.com.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei