OTP Bank and MasterCard promotional campaign: zero commission for cash withdrawals from any ATM in RomaniaPublish date: 19-11-2012
- ATM 0 Campaign: accessibility, comfort, safety
- Free withdrawals from any ATM in the country, belonging to any bank
- Access to own funds, at any moment
OTP Bank Romania announces the launch, in partnership with MasterCard, of the ATM 0 promotional campaign. By December 31st, 2012, all owners of MasterCard debit cards issued by OTP Bank Romania benefit from ZERO commissions for cash withdrawals from any ATM in the country, belonging to any bank.
Thus, the bank customers can use their MasterCard debit cards, free of charge, anywhere in the country, whether they withdraw money from the ATM or pay with their cards at any retailers, benefiting from advantages such as:
- Cash withdrawals with zero costs, from the entire ATM network throughout the country;
- The possibility to use any of the 10,000 ATMs across the country, not only those of OTP Bank;
- The customers can withdraw as much as they need, whenever they need, their money being thus always safe;
- The customers can use, free of charge, the most extended national acceptance network for cash withdrawals and payments to retailers.
"OTP Bank is the first Romanian bank to offer, in partnership with MasterCard, free cash withdrawals from any ATM throughout the country, through the ATM 0 campaign, addressing users of MasterCard debit cards. While Romanians often used to search for the nearest ATM of a bank and withdraw all the money they had on their card, on the salary payment day, in order to avoid commissions and roads to a certain ATM, the new facility provides them, free of charge, with the most extended card acceptance network, the national network, consisting of more than 10,000 ATMs and more than 120,000 POS terminals. Freedom of use contributes to the development of a proper daily card usage behavior”, said Cosmin Vladimirescu, Country Manager Romania and Moldova, MasterCard Europe.
"Eliminating the cash withdrawal commission, through the ATM 0 campaign adds value to the zero commission for payments to retailers, enabling the owners of MasterCard debit cards issued by OTP Bank Romania to use them anywhere in the country, anytime, free of charge. With ATM 0, it is as if the debit cards owners keep their money in a safe, knowing they have access to it anytime and anywhere they want, with no costs”, declared Adrian Chichita, Card Director, OTP Bank Romania.
OTP Bank Romania is a subsidiary of OTP Bank, the largest independent banking group from Central and Eastern Europe. OTP Bank provides universal services in Hungary, Romania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine, Slovakia and Serbia for more than 13 million customers, through a territorial network of over 1500 units, the ATM network and electronic channels.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA) is a global payment and technology company. It operates the world's fastest payment processing network, offering a binder between consumers, financial institutions, retailers, authorities and companies, in over 210 countries and territories. MasterCard products and solutions make the daily trade activities - such as shopping, travelling, business development or financial management - simpler, safer and more efficient, for everybody. Find out more on the website www.mastercard.com, follow us on Twitter @mastercardnews or participate in the discussions on Cashless Conversations blog and subscribe for the latest news.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei