Vodafone launches the first LTE network in RomaniaPublish date: 22-10-2012
Vodafone Romania is pleased to announce the launch of the first LTE network in Romania, starting October 31st, 2012.
Until the commercial launch of 4G services, which will take place at the beginning of the next year, customers will be able to test LTE at speeds of up to 75 Mbps, in several cities. Starting 2013, Vodafone Romania will offer 4G services, at speeds of up to 100 Mbps.
"Our LTE network has been successfully deployed and tested in the main cities of the country. Vodafone customers, both business and consumers, will be able to enjoy very soon higher speeds and an enhanced user experience, with 4G services”, said Inaki Berroeta, CEO Vodafone Romania.
More details will be available at the launch event, on October 31st.
Vodafone's LTE network operates in 1800 MHz frequency band and has been deployed with Huawei equipments. Romania is one of the first European markets where Vodafone launches LTE, after Germany and Portugal.
Vodafone Romania is a subsidiary of Vodafone Group Plc., the world's leading international mobile communications group with 406.4 million proportionate customers at December 31, 2011. Vodafone currently has equity interests in 30 countries across five continents and around 40 partner networks worldwide. For more information, please visit www.vodafone.com.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei