Valcea, Romania, to upgrade water and wastewater services with EBRD loanPublish date: 22-10-2012
Up to €13.85 million to Valcea water utility will help extend and modernise water and wastewater networks
The EBRD is continuing to support the modernisation of water infrastructure in Romania with an up to €13.85 million loan for a project, co-financed with EU regional investment programme, that will help improve water and wastewater services for residents of Valcea county in the centre of Romania in line with EU directives.
The EBRD loan is extended to SC APAVIL SA Ramnicu Valcea, a regional water utility operating in Valcea County. The county, with about 413 thousand inhabitants, is planning to extend and modernise water and wastewater services, which will slash water losses and costs, in 6 agglomerations: Ramnicu Valcea, Dragasani, Calimanesti, Olanesti, Babeni, and Balcesti.
This loan will co-finance a regional investment programme approved by the EU under Romania's Cohesion Fund Programme. The EBRD financing will consist of an EBRD loan of €8.55 million coupled with an envisaged loan of up to €5.30 million for green energy investments. This project is part of the EBRD's Regional EU Cohesion Fund Co-financing Framework (R2CF).
The investment will help the county improve the quality of its water supply, wastewater collection and treatment services in line with EU directives, and will allow the company to considerably reduce water losses and operating costs.
The EBRD loan is supported by a grant of €750,000 for technical cooperation from the EBRD Shareholder Special Fund, alongside other technical cooperation funded by the government of Spain, the Central European Initiative and the EBRD's own funds.
R2CF, launched in 2010 and extended in 2012, is a €330 million EBRD framework to provide additional financing to Romanian regional water companies by investing in water and wastewater infrastructure. Since the beginning of its operations, the EBRD has invested about €6 billion in Romania, mobilising over €11 billion for the projects from other sources of financing.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei