Deloitte begins survey to evaluate how employers and universities respond to students' needsPublish date: 17-10-2012
Deloitte is commencing the second annual "First steps into the labor market” survey, a major research project to find out more than has ever been known before about the abilities, experience, attitudes and expectations of those university students across Central European countries including Romania, who will shortly be seeking to enter the labor market.
The survey will focus on a number of fundamental areas of most concern to today's students, including a deep analysis of their attitudes towards work, and particularly the most important factors that make them choose one employer over other options. In addition, it will also investigate in detail how they perceive the opportunities open to them in today's labor market and how they feel universities and employers can better meet their needs.
The first survey, which was carried out in early 2011 and published in April of that year, was highly successful in attracting the participation of over 3,500 current students and recent graduates to lend true rigor to its findings. Romania joined the program this year, looking to research students' opinions and to generate relevant data for the local business and university environment within the regional context.
According to Silviu Badescu, HR Manager with Deloitte Romania, "By really getting to grips with what interests and motivates today's students, who are so often the high-achieving business leaders of tomorrow, the survey findings will help employers and universities alike understand better than ever how to get the best from this vital audience. For example, when we launched the very first edition of the survey in 2011, it revealed widespread dissatisfaction among students with the relevance of university teaching to students' first jobs - the report has subsequently been used at Government level in a number of countries to help address such issues. Hence/ therefore it's strongly in students' interests to take part in this survey and let us know their opinions on the various questions we ask. They should simply visit our website www.deloitte.com/1steps and access the following link to complete the questionnaire before November 30.”
The full results of the survey will be published as a report in early 2013, featuring detailed analysis and comments by Deloitte. This document will be available as a free download on Deloitte websites and is expected to be of particular interest to employers looking for insight into how to attract and retain the most talented young people of their generation.
For more information, visit www.deloitte.com/1steps.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei