A new coin,for numismatic purposesPublish date: 12-10-2012
On 15 October 2012, the National Bank of Romania will put into circulation, for numismatic purposes, a mint set, year of issue 2012, which includes a silver coin, on the occasion of celebrating 100 Years since the Commencement of Construction Works on the Romanian Ethnographic Museum (currently The Romanian Peasant Museum).
The mint set comprises Romanian coins in circulation with face value of: ban 1; bani 5, bani 10, bani 50, and bani 50 proof quality commemorative coins (Aurel Vlaicu, Mircea cel Batran and Neagoe Basarab), as well as a silver medal.
The medal has the following technical characteristics:
- metal: silver
- fineness: 800‰
- shape: round
- diameter: 28 mm
- weight: 15.5 g
- quality: proof
- edge: flat
Obverse: a partial image of the Romanian Peasant Museum, the inscription "CLADIREA MUZEULUI NATIONAL AL TARANULUI ROMAN” and the years "1912” and "2012”; on the outer ring, in an arc, the inscription "100 ANI DE LA INCEPEREA CONSTRUCTIEI”.
Reverse: an exhibition area inside the Romanian Peasant Museum and two partial images of dummies clothed in traditional Romanian folk costumes; on the outer ring, in an arc, a quotation of Alexandru Tzigara-Samurcas, the first director of the museum, "UN PALAT AL ARTEI PAMANTENE”.
Both the medal and the coins in the mint set are struck under proof quality conditions.
The mint set comes in the form of a leaflet, housed in a case, with its components inserted in specially designed slots.
The numismatic issue includes 1,000 coins.
The selling price is lei 220.00 per set, VAT excluded.
The mint set, year of issue 2012, including a silver medal, launched for numismatic purposes on the occasion of celebrating 100 Years since the Commencement of Construction Works on the Romanian Ethnographic Museum (currently The Romanian Peasant Museum) will be put into circulation through the branches of the National Bank of Romania in Bucharest, ClujNapoca, Iasi and Timisoara.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei