COSMOTE Romania enhances its data and voice coverage at the subwayPublish date: 01-10-2012
True to its promise to make mobile telephony accessible to all Romanians, anywhere the customers need, COSMOTE Romania enhances its voice and data coverage, offering seamless mobile communications for all Bucharest subway area.
Thus, starting with the end of September, COSMOTE Romania's customers will be able to talk even more with their friends, family or colleagues during their subway journey home, to work, to a date or to a meeting. Moreover, they have the possibility to share with their online friends unexpected happenings from their trip with the subway via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. They can listen to an online radio using the highest speeds offered by the 3G network or even watch their favourite channels on Dolce Mobile TV.
"The subway is one of the most used means of transport in Bucharest, as tens of thousands of people use it daily. Therefore, by enhancing the capacity, coverage and quality for both voice and data services, we come to meet our customers' communication needs, offering the highest quality communication services”, stated Lampros Iskos, Chief Technology Officer, COSMOTE Romania.
COSMOTE Romania covers all subway area with 2G and 3G services with the highest download data speeds available on the market. COSMOTE Romania will follow up subway development (new lines or stations) in order to assure best services for its customers.
The 3G services are available to over 68% of the Romanian population. As a result, in the first semester of 2012 the company strongly increased its 3G customer base, by 113%, year on year.
Currently, the Bucharest metro network consists of 69.25 km double track, 4 metro lines and 51 stations. The average distance between two stations is of 1.5 km.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei