COSMOTE Romania wins new spectrum in the 800 MHz, 1800 & 2600 MHz bands and renews its existing 900 MHz and 1800 MHz spectrum licensesPublish date: 24-09-2012
Following the spectrum auction conducted by the National Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM), which ended on September 24th, COSMOTE Romania announces that it has renewed its current licence in the 900 MHz and 1800 MHz bands and it acquired additional spectrum in the 800 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2600 MHz bands. The new licences will begin on 6th of April 2014, with a term of fifteen years.
By virtue of the increased spectrum it now owns, COSMOTE will be able to invest further in developing its telecommunications network, ensuring that it continues to meet its consumers' needs for advanced communication services.
In the auction, COSMOTE secured 50 x 2 MHz of spectrum, fully aligned with the company's auction targets and strategy, able to accommodate the long term network needs for development and capacity for all technologies (2G/3G/4G).
Mr. Stefanos Theocharopoulos, CEO COSMOTE Romania, stated: "We acquired all the frequency blocks necessary to move forward with our network expansion, in line with our long term commitment of providing the forefront of technologies, with the best customer experience. We now have all the resources for a durable development, enabling us to continue network optimization wherever the customer needs require. Through this substantial spectrum that we have secured for the following 15 years starting 2014, we made sure we can continue to meet the strong competitive challenges we see coming. With vision and determination, we will continue the growth story established back in 2005. We believe that telecom is one of the major drivers of the country's economy and our significant investment in spectrum demonstrates that we will continue to focus on ensuring quality communications for all Romanian citizens and businesses”.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei