DB Schenker expands in Phoenix Logistics Center in BucharestPublish date: 24-09-2012
The worldwide transport and logistics operator, DB Schenker, leases a second unit of 5,200 sqm in Phoenix Logistics Center, currently occupying 10,400 sqm - half of the warehouse's capacity. Jones Lang LaSalle helped concluding the first transaction back in 2011 and now the second lease with DB Schenker, as an exclusive leasing agent for the logistic center.
Phoenix Logistics Center is located in Bucharest' consecrate logistics area - the intersection between A1 highway and the Western ring road and provides total logistics facilities of 22,000sq m. Currently 2 units of 5,200 sqm are vacant and available for leasing. Jones Lang LaSalle is responsible for the exclusive leasing as well as property management services for the building.
Irina Iliescu, the new Head of Industrial Agency for Jones Lang LaSalle in Romania, declared: "DB Schenker wanted to double its warehousing capacity in serving its international clients. The additional leased space is a modern logistics unit, temperature-controlled, intended for storing sweet products. The warehouse can promptly supply retailers in Bucharest through both access arteries- A1highway and the Western ring road.”
In 2011 Jones Lang LaSalle accomplished a 44% market share, with 8 transactions concluded and 80,000 sqm out of the total 173,000 sqm transacted over the year and with international occupiers such as Hochtief, Heineken, Honeywell, TORO, P&G, Nestle, Automotive Wiring Systems.
DB Schenker, based in Germany, is one of the largest global logistics suppliers with over 94,600 employees in more than 2,000 locations worldwide. The Group has acquired the biggest Romanian operator Romtrans back in 2008.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei