NBR: a new coin, for numismatic purposes, dedicated to the bicentennial anniversary of George Baritiu's birthPublish date: 07-09-2012
Pursuant to the provisions of Law No. 312/2004 on the Statute of the National Bank of Romania, on 10 September 2012, the National Bank of Romania will put into circulation, for numismatic purposes, a gold coin dedicated to the bicentennial anniversary of George Baritiu's birth.
The coin has the following technical characteristics:
face value: lei 100 metal: gold fineness: 900‰ shape: round diameter: 21 mm weight: 6.452 g quality: proof edge: milled
Obverse: a composition including the titles of publications issued by George Baritiu, the inscription "Romania” in an arc, the face value "100 Lei”, Romania's coat of arms and the year of issue "2012” on both of its sides.
Reverse: George Baritiu's portrait, his birth and death years "1812 1893” and the inscription "George Baritiu” in an arc.
The gold coins are housed in transparent plastic capsules and are accompanied by leaflets featuring a presentation of the numismatic issue in Romanian, English and French.
Each leaflet comes with a certificate of authenticity bearing the signatures of the Governor and the Chief Cashier of the National Bank of Romania.
The mintage of this numismatic issue is 250.
The selling price per gold coin, the leaflet included, is lei 1,900.00 excluding VAT.
The gold coins in the numismatic issue for the bicentennial anniversary of George Baritiu's birth are legal tender on the territory of Romania.
The collector gold coins will be put into circulation through the branches of the National Bank of Romania in Bucharest, Cluj Napoca, Iasi and Timisoara.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei