COSMOTE Romania adds on market share in H1 2012Publish date: 09-08-2012
COSMOTE Romania announces key performance indicators for the first half of 2012 fiscal year, ended June 30th, 2012, as reported today by OTE Group.
Despite difficult economic environment and interconnection tariffs decrease, in H1, 2012, COSMOTE Romania continued to increase its market share and enhance its financial performance in all main indicators: EBITDA, revenues and ARPU. Moreover, COSMOTE Romania maintained its growth in the business customer base, as a result of the company's customized design of the corporate offers. Thus, in H1, 2012, the business segment grew by 32% versus H1, 2011. Important brands, among which ROSEGUR SA, joined the company's portfolio of business partners.
COSMOTE's total customer base in Romania remained stable at the end of June 2012, at 6.4 million, of which 23.6% postpaid. The constant expansion of the postpaid customer base and of the business segment, as well as COSMOTE's strong performance in the data services sector, generated significant revenue growth. The company strongly increased its 3G customer base, by 113%, compared to H1, 2011.
EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) rose by 35.8% in H1, 2012 compared to the same period, last year. In Q2, 2012 EBITDA increased by 28.8%, y-o-y, reflecting enhanced customer propositions and operating efficiency. EBITDA margin reached 23.8% in H1, 2012, up by 5.5 p.p. vs. H1, 2011, while in Q2, 2012, COSMOTE's EBITDA margin increased by 5.8 p.p. y-o-y to 25.6%.
Service revenues grew by 1% in H1, 2012, compared to the same period, last year. Total revenues in the first semester of 2012 reached 231.1 million Euro, an increase of 4.4% versus H1 2011.
Blended ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) for H1 2012 increased by 4%, compared to H1 2011, as a result of the launch of competitive, customer centric propositions.
"COSMOTE Romania continued on a healthy and positive track for the first half of the year too, despite fierce competition, decrease of interconnection tariffs, unpredictable economic environment and investments in broadband network and data services. The company increased its EBITDA profitability, revenues and ARPU, year on year. Moreover, the strong and sustained growth in the corporate segment further consolidates COSMOTE's market position. As a confirmation of the company's focus on becoming the operator of choice on the smartphones segment, the volume of smartphones sold grew by 150% in H1, 2012 compared to H1, 2011. All these achievements confirm our customers' acknowledgement in our commitment to make mobile telephony accessible to all Romanians”, said Konstantinos Apostolou, COSMOTE Romania's Chief Financial Officer.
COSMOTE Romania constantly invests in consolidating and improving its national sales distribution channel, which included, at the end of June 2012, approximately 560 points of sale across the country.
With an increasing market share of almost 25%, COSMOTE Romania will continue to strengthen its position in the broadband and business segments. Network expansion and development, as well as products and services portfolio enrichment will also remain key priorities for the company.
In H1, 2012, the mobile operations of OTE Group provided telecommunications services to approximately 20.4 million customers in SE Europe.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei