Silver coin in memory of Marin PredaPublish date: 08-08-2012
Pursuant to the provisions of Law No. 312/2004 - The Statute of the National Bank of Romania, on 10 August 2012, the National Bank of Romania will put into circulation, for numismatic purposes, a silver coin dedicated to the 90th anniversary of Marin Preda's birth.
The coin has the following characteristics:
lei 10 silver 999‰ round 37 mm 31.103 g proof milled
Obverse: concentric composition consisting of the titles of the best-known works of Marin Preda; in the middle, Romania's coat of arms, the face value "10 LEI”, the inscriptions in an arc "ROMANIA” and the year of issue "2012”.
Reverse: portrait of Marin Preda, his birth and death years, "1922” and "1980”, and the inscription "MARIN PREDA”.
The silver coin, housed in a transparent plastic case, will be accompanied by a leaflet featuring a brief presentation of the numismatic issue in Romanian, English and French.
The leaflet comes with a certificate of authenticity bearing the signatures of the Governor and the Chief Cashier of the National Bank of Romania.
The numismatic issue includes 500 coins.
The selling price of the silver coin (including the leaflet) is lei 340.00 per piece, VAT excluded.
The silver coins dedicated to the 90th anniversary of Marin Preda's birth are legal tender on the territory of Romania.
The silver coins will be put into circulation through the branches of the National Bank of Romania in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iasi and Timisoara.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei