Citibank Named Best Corporate and Consumer Internet Bank in RomaniaPublish date: 06-08-2012
Citibank Romania won for the second consecutive year the prizes for "Best Corporate/ Institutional Internet Bank” and "Best Consumer Internet Bank” in Romania in Global Finance magazine's "World's Best Internet Banks 2012” competition.
After a selection process among entries made by an independent panel of judges and the final selection made by Global Finance editors, Citi won prestigious awards in seven other countries in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), including the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Russia and Kazakhstan.
"The result in 2012 Global Finance competition comes in an anniversary year for Citi, when we celebrate 200 years of global experience, providing us the opportunity to reflect on our history and to prepare for the future. These awards once again recognize Citibank's culture of innovation, encouraging us to continue to focus on client service and to invest in technology and best-in-class systems that enhance our clients' lives”, said Tibor Pandi, General Manager of Citibank Romania.
Winning banks were selected based on the following criteria: strength of strategy for attracting and servicing online customers, success in getting clients to use web offerings, growth of online customers, breadth of product offerings, evidence of tangible benefits gained from Internet initiatives, and web site design and functionality.
The full lists of prizes and winners by region are available on www.gfmag.com.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei