PwC Romania will recruit the private managers of the state owned companies controlled by the Ministry of Transport and InfrastructurePublish date: 26-07-2012
PwC Romania, in consortium with correspondent law firm D&B David si Baias and George Butunoiu Group, will provide consultancy services for the recruitment of the private managers of 10 state companies controlled by the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure. The 10 companies are: Compania Nationala de Cai Ferate CFR, Societatea Nationala de Transport Feroviar de Calatori (CFR Calatori), Compania Nationala de Autostrazi si Drumuri Nationale din Romania CNADNR, Compania Nationala Administratia Porturilor Maritime Constanta, Compania Nationala Administratia Canalelor Navigabile, TAROM, Compania Nationala Aeroporturi Bucuresti SA, Societatea Nationala Aeroportul International Traian Vuia Timisoara, Societatea Comerciala de Transport Metroul Bucuresti (METROREX SA), and SC Telecomunicatii CFR SA.
The recruitment process should be finalized by the end of this year. Overall, more than 50 managers will be recruited, 10 CEOs and 43 non-executive Board members.
"Introducing private management to state owned companies is a key objective of Romania's agreement with the International Monetary Fund and a major step forward in improving corporate governance of these firms. Improving efficiency, streamlining the processes, eliminating arrears and growing the value of the companies for their stakeholders, the Romanian tax payers, should be the main targets of the new private managers”, stated Vasile Iuga, Country Managing Partner, PwC Romania.
"PwC has always been at the forefront of the efforts to modernize the Romanian economy, being involved in key privatizations such as that of Electrica Muntenia Sud, the largest privatization ever undertaken in the Romanian energy sector, or in drafting groundbreaking legislation, such as the insolvency laws and the Insolvency Code. We are proud to be involved in yet another milestone project and we trust to see tangible results in the near future”, added Vasile Iuga.
The Human Resources Consultancy team of PwC Romania will be in charge with drafting the main responsibilities and the key performance indicators of the selected private managers and non-executive board members and proposing a reward matrix in line with the objectives and performance of these managers. D&B David si Baias lawyers specialized in labour law will handle all the legal issues posed by the mandate contracts that need to be signed with each selected manager, while George Butunoiu's team of experts will deal with the selection and recruitment process.
D&B David si Baias is a business law firm that provides integrated, innovative and pragmatic solutions, by providing assistance, representation and legal advice in the following areas: companies and groups of companies, mergers, acquisitions and restructuring, real estate, employment and human resources, financial services and capital markets, competition and state aid, intellectual property, consumer and personal data protection, tax and commercial litigation.
PwC Romania's Human Resources Consultancy team is the leader of the local market for Performance and Reward Management Consulting, as well as for improving Organisational and HR function effectiveness. The team has been involved in numerous HR consulting projects and also conducts on an annual basis the well-known PayWell and Saratoga studies.
Also, PwC Romania and D&B David si Baias have an integrated team of human resource consultants that covers topics from labour law to taxation and payroll issues.
George Butunoiu founded the first firm of recruitment in 1992, BIA - Business Intelligence Agency. In its 20 years activity, the firm recruited around 1000 managers for the largest companies in Romania, most of which were multinationals from all economic sectors.
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com/ro.
© 2012 PwC. All rights reserved.
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei