NBR: a new coin, for numismatic purposes, dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the birth of Elena Caragiani-StoinescuPublish date: 23-07-2012
Pursuant to the provisions of Law No. 312/2004 - The Statute of the National Bank of Romania, on 23 July 2012, the National Bank of Romania will put into circulation, for numismatic purposes, a silver coin dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the birth of Elena Caragiani-Stoinescu.
The coin has the following characteristics:
Face value lei 10 Metal silver Fineness 999‰ Shape round Diameter 37 mm Weight 31.103 g Quality proof Edge milled
Obverse: composition suggesting the flight and voyages, the inscription "ROMANIA”, the face value "10 LEI”, Romania's coat of arms and the year of issue "2012”.
Reverse: portrait of Elena Caragiani-Stoinescu, her birth and death years "1887” and "1929”, the partial image of a Bleriot plane and the inscription in an arc "ELENA CARAGIANI-STOINESCU”.
The silver coin, housed in a transparent plastic case, will be accompanied by a leaflet featuring a brief presentation of the numismatic issue in Romanian, English and French.
The leaflet comes with a certificate of authenticity bearing the signatures of the Governor and the Chief Cashier of the National Bank of Romania.
The numismatic issue includes 500 coins.
The selling price of the silver coin (including the leaflet) is lei 340.00 per piece, excluding VAT.
The silver coins dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the birth of Elena Caragiani-Stoinescu are legal tender on the territory of Romania.
The silver coins will be put into circulation through the branches of the National Bank of Romania in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iasi and Timisoara.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei