Millennium Bank offers saving account for children in lei with 5% annual interest ratePublish date: 04-07-2012
Millennium Bank clients can save for their children with the help of the recently launched May You Grow Up saving account in lei, that provides an annual interest rate of 5% for a minimum balance of 300 lei. Parents can save money for their children until they turn 18, which is the moment when the saving account reaches maturity.
The deposits in the saving account can be made in an easy and convenient way, through programmed automatic monthly transfers directly from the parents' current account, in an amount and at a date at their choice. In addition to this, May You Grow Up account allows supplementary deposits at any time and without amount limitations. The interest is paid every six months, being capitalized in the saving account.
"In line with our strategy to provide a diversified saving portfolio and, thus, become a saving partner for our clients, Millennium Bank enters the segment of savings for children. May You Grow Up account is an advantageous way for parents who want to make long term savings for their children and, at the same time, benefit from the flexibility of a saving account”, Eliza Erhan, Head of Retail Product Development with Millennium Bank Romania, stated.
The account is opened by the both parents, if the child is under 14 years old, or by the child together with the parents, if the child is at least 14 years old. Clients benefit from free account opening and administration fees.
Millennium Bank's saving portfolio includes classic term deposits with fixed interest rate, Ascendent Deposit with progressive interest rate that reaches 10% per year for the sixth month, "12 winning months” deposit, which provides monthly payment of the interest, saving accounts, as well as Dual Package, a saving and investment instrument, made of a three-month lei deposit with 10% annual interest rate and an investment fund with moderate risk.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei