Euromoney FX Poll 2012: Citibank Romania Ranked as Top Bank in the Corporate Segment of FX MarketsPublish date: 18-06-2012
Citibank Romania ranks as top bank in the Corporate Segment on the FX Market according to the Euromoney FX Poll 2012, with a market share of 50.39%. Also, the bank tops the list in CEEMEA, where formidable results have consolidated its premier position in the region.
Globally, Citi proved to be the FX house with the greatest momentum over the past year, jumping from 4th place overall in 2011 to 2nd place this year. Its overall market share rose from 8.88% last year to 12.29% in 2012.
"It is an important accomplishment for Citi, both locally and regionally, to have received such an important recognition of its foreign exchange activity in the Euromoney Foreign Exchange survey, the most comprehensive quantitative and qualitative annual study available on the FX markets. We thank our clients for their vote of confidence and we remain committed to keeping our leading position on the local market, while providing excellence in every interaction with our clients”, declared Grigoriy Ananiev, Citibank Romania Treasury Head.
Other global awards received by Citi following the survey are: Best Bank for CEE, Latam, Middle East, Nordic and African Currencies, Best Bank for Quantitative and Flow Research and Technical Analysis, Best Bank for Structured Options, Best Bank for Online Order Book Transparency, Best Bank for Online Research and Analytical Tools, Best Bank for Online Risk Management Tools.
First published in 1979, Euromoney's annual foreign exchange survey is the benchmark by which the global FX industry judges its performance. This year the survey had a record number of both respondents (15.423 valid votes) and volume ($208.6 trillion, compared to $177.6 trillion last year).
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei