MILLENNIUM BCP NAMED BEST BANK IN PORTUGAL FOR SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR BY EMEA FINANCEPublish date: 04-05-2012
For the second year in a row Millennium bcp has been named "Best Bank in Portugal” by EMEA Finance magazine.
"It is with great pride that Millennium bcp is again distinguished and recognized for its activity in this particularly challenging period. This prestigious award is the result of the effort and dedication that all of the Bank's employees show every day, in all the various countries where we operate” Nuno Amado, Chief Executive Officer, said.
Among other criteria, the EMEA Finance award distinguished Millennium bcp for its international operations and its activity in Portugal. "We are very impressed with Millennium bcp's ability to bolster its capital ratios, complete successfully a rights issue, grow deposits and support the Portuguese economy through its lending activities,” noted EMEA Finance, which will publish a special April/May edition featuring its 2011 European Banking Awards.
Millennium's Polish unit, Millennium Bank, was also recognized by EMEA Finance as the Best Foreign Bank in the Polish market.
EMEA Finance is a magazine serving the financial community in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with a readership that includes senior executives and investment professionals responsible for strategic decision-making at major companies and financial institutions.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei