Deloitte announces new application session in the EU Gateway programPublish date: 10-04-2012
The European Commission sponsored program EU Gateway opens a new application session aimed at companies active in the Construction and Building Technologies (CBT) Industry for an economic mission to Japan (deadline for application: 8 May, 2012, mission program and location: 24 - 28 September, Tokyo).
The EU Gateway Program is initiated by the European Commission and aims at helping companies from EU countries to enter specific industry sectors. Deloitte practices in the EU and Japan as well as other partnering organizations, offer support and coaching for the companies from application stage until the end of the business mission week. The program organizes several cycles of Business Missions until 2014.
The application process has two stages. First, companies need to fill in a form expressing interest, their eligibility thus being evaluated by Deloitte professionals. If they comply with the program's criteria, they go to the second phase, filling in an application form. The entire process takes place online, on www.eu-gateway.eu, with no financial effort from the applicant. Interested companies benefit from Deloitte assistance during the whole application process, as well as for the stages following the acceptance into the program.
Alexandru Bernea, Consultant with Deloitte Romania, explains more: "The EU Gateway Program is different from traditional business missions by supporting participating companies in every step of their business strategy toward Japan. Participants are coached by a team of experienced professionals in the business environment of the Japanese dynamic market. Coaching will be provided before, during and after each event and will also be available during individual meetings with potential Japanese business partners.”
The Deloitte representative added: "At the same time, once selected, companies are provided with a comprehensive market study that will broaden their understanding of the Japanese Construction and Building Technology market and help them define their initial overall market entry strategy.”
Another important advantage of participating in the program (especially in the current economic context), would be the fact that the companies have to pay only for transportation to Japan. The rest of the expenses like trainings before the missions, promotional materials, lodging and study tours will be covered by the European Commission.
Companies eligible for the program must be based in the European Union and exist on the market for at least five years. Selection criteria also include being fully or majority-owned by European Union capital, and having sufficient turnover and employees so as to guarantee the market entry in Japan. Companies must also prove track record in international business cooperation, and have a "solid” business strategy for entering the Asian market. In addition, their key decision makers must be English fluent speakers.
Information on the new EU Gateway Program can be found on the campaign website www.eu-gateway.eu or by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Program operators in the Member States are available to provide companies with more detailed information about the program and the individual EU Gateway sector events.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei