Univar Establishes Operations in RomaniaPublish date: 27-02-2012
Univar Inc., a leading global chemical distributor, announced today that its legal entity in Romania is fully operational. The business trades under the name Univar South-East Europe Srl. from its newly opened office in Bucharest.
Univar has been expanding its strategic network throughout Central and Eastern Europe in recent years. Romania has experienced good GDP growth, driven by both a rise in consumer spending and industrial production over the last decade with forecasts to achieve 4 percent GDP growth in 2012#. This creates a promising opportunity for Univar to engage its global network with local expertise, especially in the coatings market where only 65 percent# of the customers are served by local producers.
"Romania is a country with enormous growth opportunities for our business. Industry and agriculture contribute nearly half the country's GDP, which plays very well into Univar's portfolio,” explains Balazs Kiss, Univar's Country Manager - Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary. "Also, the domestic chemicals market is currently quite fragmented, so customers will benefit from Univar's presence, can trust in our global supply reliability, and depend on our market insight so that they have the benefit of a global network with local level expertise.”
Univar is one of the world's leading distributors of industrial and specialty chemicals. Univar represents over 2,500 chemical producers and provides its customer base, made up of 80,000 customers, with a full portfolio of products. Univar operates a network of 300 distribution facilities throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and Latin America, with additional sales offices located in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In 2010, Univar reported sales of $7.9 billion. For more information, visit: www.univar.com.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei