BNR: Silver coin dedicated to Carol Popp de Szathmari: The 200th Birth Anniversary.Publish date: 24-02-2012
Pursuant to the provisions of Law No. 312/2004 on the Statute of the National Bank of Romania, on 27 February 2012, the National Bank of Romania will put into circulation, for numismatic purposes, a silver coin dedicated to Carol Popp de Szathmari: The 200th Birth Anniversary.
The silver coin has the following characteristics:
face value: lei 10 metal: silver fineness: 999‰ shape: round diameter: 37 mm weight: 31.103 g quality: proof edge: milled
Obverse: a snapshot of the University and Sutu Palace in Bucharest taken by Carol Popp de Szathmari, superposed on the elements of the diaphragm of a camera; the coat of arms of Romania, the face value "10 LEI”, the year of issue "2012” and the inscription "ROMANIA” in an arc.
Reverse: Carol Popp de Szathmari's portrait and signature; the artist's profile, three brushes superposed on a palette and his birth and death years "1812 1887”.
The silver coins are housed in transparent plastic capsules and are accompanied by leaflets featuring a presentation of the numismatic issue in Romanian, English and French.
Each leaflet comes with a certificate of authenticity bearing the signatures of the Governor and the Chief Cashier of the National Bank of Romania.
The mintage of this numismatic issue is 500.
The selling price per silver coin, the leaflet included, is lei 365.00 excluding VAT.
The silver coins in the numismatic issue for Carol Popp de Szathmari: The 200th Birth Anniversary are legal tender on the territory of Romania.
The collector silver coins will be put into circulation through the branches of the National Bank of Romania in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iasi and Timisoara.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei