Vodafone Romania reports financial results for the third quarter of the financial year 2011 - 2012Publish date: 09-02-2012
In the period October 1- December 31, 2011, Vodafone Romania registered:
- 8,327,280 customers at December 31, 2011
- Strong mobile data users growth: 77% growth of the mobile Internet customers quarter to quarter and 75% year on year
- Mobile Internet revenues up by 33% quarter to quarter and by 58% year on year
- Mobile ARPU was 7.3 Euro for the quarter, 1.4% higher as compared to previous quarter and of 9.3% higher year on year
Vodafone Romania announces key performance indicators for the third quarter of the financial year 2011/2012, ended December 31, 2011, as reported today by Vodafone Group Plc.
Vodafone Romania had 8,327,280 customers at December 31, 2011, which is 3.1 % less as compared to previous quarter, resulting from the continuous disconnection of the inactive prepaid SIMs from our customer base.
On the mobile data side, there is a strong growth on both user number and revenue. Mobile Internet customers grew by 77% quarter to quarter and by 75% year on year. In addition, Mobile Internet revenues increased by 33% quarter to quarter, and by 58% year on year.
Mobile ARPU* (Average Revenue per User) was EUR 7.3 for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, corresponding to a growth of 1.4 %as compared to previous quarter and of 9.3% year on year.
At December 31, 2011, contract subscribers accounted for 41% and prepaid for 59% of Vodafone Romania's total customer base.
Vodafone Romania is a subsidiary of Vodafone Group Plc.. Vodafone is one of the world's largest mobile communications companies by revenue with approximately 398 million customers in its controlled and jointly controlled markets as at 31 December 2011. Vodafone currently has equity interests in over 30 countries across five continents and more than 40 partner networks worldwide. For more information, please visit www.vodafone.com
Note: The period October 30 - December 31, 2011 corresponds to the third quarter of the financial year 2011 / 2012 according to the British calendar.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei