Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates29.03.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5575 RON
- 1 USD 4.2232 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2496 RON
- 1 GBP 5.2473 RON
- 1 gr. aur170.1325 RON
COSMOTE Romania advises parents to keep their children safe on the internet, for the 4th year in a rowUpdated: 07-02-2012 | Business
COSMOTE Romania gets involved in promoting a safe internet for children, for the fourth year in a row. With the occasion of the Safer Internet Day, on February 7th, the company wil launch a complex communication campaign thus contributing to the largest national campaign aiming to protect children and youngsters against inadequate digital content. The campaign is part of COSMOTE commitment to improve the social and environmental dimension in which it operates and as a responsible member of the society.
"Our goal is to help children and their families understand the perils of browsing the internet at random, to teach them how to recognize and avoid them so they can browse the virtual space in full security. The education and prevention are necessary steps for keeping children and teenagers at safe bay from the dangers of the internet, an enterprise in which COSMOTE has assumed an active role”, Ruxandra Voda, Corporate Affairs Manager, COSMOTE Romania, said.
Thus, COSMOTE Romania will launch a complex communication campaign in order to increase awareness of parents and youngsters regarding the dangers encountered while using the Internet. The campaign targets both internal and external audiences. Thus, 60,000 of copies of the flyer "How to protect your children from the internet dangers” will be available in COSMOTE and Germanos stores, this year also, will be distributed in schools from 13 cities and at corporate events. In addition, the company will carry an online and print campaign.
The Safer Internet Day is part of the Safer Internet Plus program of the European Commission. In 2007, COSMOTE Romania adopted the Code of Conduct for Safer Mobile Use by Young Teenagers and Children. The Code of Conduct initiative is a form of proactive self-regulation, aiming to establish the main directions and principles for providing safe use of mobile content.
COSMOTE Group associated to similar safer Internet initiatives in Greece and Bulgaria, where the local companies COSMOTE and Globul have developed a series of easy to use parental control mobile services, giving parents the possibility to control their children's access to adult services.
COSMOTE Group actively participated in the negotiations in Brussels under the aegis of the European Commission for the "European Framework for Safer Mobile Use by Younger Teenagers and Children”. COSMOTE was the first Greek company to sign the Framework in February 2007, among another 15 European mobile operators and content providers.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings