Intesa Sanpaolo Bank has increased its capital with 323 million lei (75 milion euro)Publish date: 22-12-2011
Intesa Sanpaolo Bank is increasing its capital with 323 million lei (75 million euro), by issuing new shares, underwriting pro-quota by the two shareholders. The value of the capital increased with 65% from 491.111.110 lei up to 814.111.110 lei. Following the capital increase, the percentages shares remained unchanged: Intesa Sanpaolo SpA owns 99,61% from the shares and Intesa Sanpaolo Holding International S.A. 0,39%.
This capital increase proves once more the trust of the Group in its bank active in Romania and the strong commitment towards our country. This increase will sustain the consolidation of the bank's position and operations on the local market and also the merger process between Intesa Sanpaolo Bank and CR Firenze scheduled for the first half of the year.
Ezio Salvai, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Intesa Sanpaolo Bank said: "Intesa Sanpaolo Group is one of the most solid financial institutions in the world with an adequate level of capital, fact confirmed also by the latest estimation of EBA. According to this Intesa Sanpaolo is one the two European financial groups present in Romania who doesn't need additional capital. In the current economic context the support of our strong shareholders is an important competitive advantage and a sign of trust for all our partners and in the future of the country. "
Intesa Sanpaolo Bank is part of Intesa Sanpaolo Group, one of the top banking groups in the Euro zone and the leading player in Italy in the retail, corporate and wealth management business areas. Thanks to a well-spread network of over 5,500 branches it offers a wide range of services to about 11 million customers in Italy. Intesa Sanpaolo's international activities are focused in Central Eastern Europe and Middle Eastern and North African areas, where it operates in 13 countries through retail and commercial banks with more than 1,700 branches and 8.3 million customers. Moreover, an international network is present in 29 countries to support corporate customers.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei