Alexandru Leondari - Deputy General Manager Eureko AsigurariPublish date: 20-12-2011
Starting 5 December 2011, Alexandru Leondari is added to the current executive team of Eureko Asigurari as Deputy General Manager, his appointment having been approved by the Insurance Supervisory Commission.
Alexandru Leondari is doctor and graduated from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy. Alexandru has a considerable expertise in sales and especially in insurance distribution on the Romanian market and has been appointed Chief Commercial Officer in July 2011. Before that he used to work for Aviva Group Romania as Deputy General Manager and Distribution Manager.
"Alexandru is a very important member of our Eureko Asigurari management team and I am sure that from his position of Deputy General Manager he will contribute to the implementation of our company's life and health insurance consolidation strategy. His finance experience and knowledge of the local insurance market and business environment are only a few of his competences that guarantee our company's future development and success, declared Frans van der Ent, CEO Eureko Asigurari.
"I am glad to work for a company with such extensive experience in insurance and an extremely solid financial position. Eureko is an example of commitment towards clients, employees, distributors and community. The Romanian insurance industry is going through a very interesting period while new regulations are adopted in a challenging business environment. I am ready and looking forward to face new challenges and offer our clients the best insurance products,” declared Alexandru Leondari, Deputy General Manager of Eureko Asigurari.
About our shareholder
Achmea is an unlisted leading insurance group that besides its home country The Netherlands, is also active in seven other European countries. Our core business is insurance - life, non-life and health - and services relating to pensions. Building on our cooperative roots, Achmea's mission is to achieve balanced value creation for all stakeholders: customers, distribution partners, shareholders and employees.
The group is present in Romania through Eureko B.V., majority shareholder of Eureko Asigurari and Eureko Societate de Administrare a Fondurilor de Pensii Private. Eureko B.V. recently changed its name into Achmea B.V.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei