Romania's leu slips to a reference exchange rate of 4.2901 lei/euroPublish date: 22-12-2010
The central lender BNR posted a reference level of 4.2901 lei per euro, 0.01 percent up from the previous session, while the American dollar continued to gain ground versus the leu, to 3.2617 lei per dollar.
BNR's exchange rate stood at 4.2897 lei per euro on Monday.
In the first part of the session, the national currency advanced from 4.2928 to 4.2896 per euro and then declined to 4.2913 lei per euro around 1 p.m.
For the U.S. dollar, BNR's reference level added 0.09 percent to 3.2617 lei per dollar, from 3.2589 in the previous session.
On the international market, the dollar appreciated from 1.3199 to 1.3139 per euro and then eased to 1.3152 dollars per euro.
Overnight interests on the monetary market soared to 2.38-2.88 percent, but stand significantly below the key interest rate of 6.25 percent a year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei