Romania's total external debt ups 10% in the first ten months, to EUR 89.37bnPublish date: 16-12-2010
Romania reported a total external debt of 89.37 billion euros at the end of October, 10.04 percent up from the end of 2009, according to data of the central lender BNR.
At the end of last year, Romania's external debt totaled 81.21 billion euros.
The medium and long-term debt answered for 79.8 percent of the whole external debt at the end of October, while the short-termed debt had a 20.2 percent weight.
At the end of October, Romania's medium and long-term debt reached 71.33 billion euros, versus 65.81 billion euros at the end of 2009, while the short-term debt amounted to 18.04 billion euros, 17.1 percent above the level posted at the end of December last year, of 15.40 billion euros.
The direct public debt, including external loans contracted by the Finance Ministry and the local authorities, added 3.57 billion euros in the first ten months, to 15.55 billion euros, while the public guaranteed external debt advanced 14.5 percent, to 1.73 billion euros.
The public non-guaranteed external debt lowered by 1.76 billion euros in the first ten months, to 37.62 billion euros.
Loans from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) within the stand-by agreement amounted to 8.91 billion euros at the end of October, up from 5.68 billion euros at the end of 2009.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei