Romania's annual inflation tempers slightly in November, to 7.73%, statistics showPublish date: 13-12-2010
The annual rate of inflation reached 7.73 percent in November, as prices for nonfood products rose 9.75 percent, tariffs for services grew 6.13 percent and prices for food stuff added 6.01%, according to the National Statistics Institute (INS).
Compared to the previous month, consumer prices advanced 0.52 percent in November, as prices for food products soared 0.88 percent, tariffs for services inched 0.20 percent and nonfood stuff increased 0.38 percent.
In October, the annual rate of inflation rallied to 7.88 percent as the monthly rate of inflation stood at 0.55 percent.
In 2010, the consumer basket in Romania, which is used to calculate inflation, features food products with a weight of 37.39 rercent, non-food stuff with 44.72 percent and services with 17.89 percent.
The central lender raised the inflation prognosis for the end of 2010, from 7.8 to 8.2 percent, according to BNR's governor, Mugur Isarescu.
In 2009, BNR missed the inflation target for the third time in a row.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei