INS: Romanian economy up 0.3 pc in Q2Publish date: 01-09-2010
Data of the National Statistical Institute (INS) confirm estimates published a few weeks ago. According to a release, the economy grew by 0.3 per cent in Q2 compared to Q1 of the year. On the other hand, economy was unable to recuperate enough on a year-on-year basis, reregistering a minus of 0.5 per cent. In fact, Romania has been in recession since Q3 of 2008, when the GDP started going down. In Q2 this year, the economy gained some strength, mainly thanks to export. Romania-made cars and telephones sold well, therefore the entire sector grew by over 20 per cent in H1 this year compared to H1 of last year.
According to INS, in Q2 of 2010, the industry grew by 5.9 per cent and compensated for the 8.3 per cent decrease suffered by the construction sector. Compared to Q2 of 2009, slight volume growth was also reported in Agriculture, hunting and forestry, fishing and fisheries (+0.7 per cent) and in financial activities, real estate activities, rentals and services for companies (+0.8 per cent).
At the other end, activity volumes dropped in retail, automobile and home appliance repairs, hotels and restaurants, transport and telecom (-4.2 per cent) and in other activities and services (-2.7 per cent). One consequence of the negative evolution of the whole of the economy is that the volume of per-product net taxes collected by the state budget dropped by 2.7 per cent, the press release states.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei