Index of trust in Romanian economy picks up in AugustPublish date: 31-08-2010
The index of trust in Romanian economy is on the rise in August, as consumers' expectations rose and prospects of retail trade and constructions are more optimistic, according to a monthly poll of the European Commission. At the same time, the prospects in industry remain unchanged compared to the preceding month, and trust in the services sector dropped. Thus, the index of trust in the economy rose at 76.4 points in August, compared to 75 in July, marking the third consecutive month in which the perception of Romanian economy changed for the better.
Nonetheless, Romania ranks last but one in the European Union according to this index, taking precedence only over Greece (67.9 points). The countries boasting the highest index of trust in the economy are Sweden (115.4 points) and Germany (111.2 points).
Managers in industry were more optimistic about their order books; in particular they were upbeat about their export order books. Managers' assessment of production observed in recent months and production and employment expectations remained unchanged. Meanwhile, managers' assessment of their stocks of finished products worsened slightly. After the surge in July, the Economic Sentiment Indicator (ESI) continued to improve in both the EU and the euro area, albeit at a slower pace. The ESI rose to 102.7 (up by 0.6 of a point) in the EU and to 101.8 (up by 0.7 of a point) in the euro area. In both the EU and the euro area the ESI is above its long-term average.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei