A Romanian pays an average of 600 Romanian Lei in bribes per yearPublish date: 30-08-2010
Three quarters of Romanians believe that you can't succeed in life without bribes or influence peddling. The average annual amount of bribes a Romanian pays is of 600 Romanian Lei, according to a survey conducted by CSOP and paid for by the Association for Implementing Democracy.
"The survey shows that the lack of convictions in corruption cases determines a lack of satisfaction of citizens as regards the country they live in and the trust they place in the state", stated for Gandul Mr. Alexandru Cumpanasu, Executive Manager of AID.
A simple calculation shows us that bribes over the course of a year cost a citizen approximately 600 Romanian Lei. For a population of 18,000,000 active citizens (aged over 18 years old), considering the absurd notion that only 15% of them would pay bribes, that results in a total of 400 million Euro per year. This number goes up with the number of citizens that pay bribes".
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei