Public sector salaries between 600 and 800 lei will recover 20 pct of loss suffered in 2010Publish date: 25-08-2010
Public sector salaries between 600 and 800 lei per month will recover 20 percent of the 25 percent cutback suffered in 2010 following austerity measures taken by the government next year, while those between 2,000 and 2,500 lei per month will recover only 4 percent, according to the new draft law on unified pay, Prime Minister Emil Boc announced.
"Those with lower wages will recover more of the loss they suffered in 2010, while those with higher wages will recover less. Thus, public sector salaries between 600 and 800 lei per month will recover 20 percent, maybe more, while those between 2,000 and 2,500 lei will recover only 4 percent of the loss suffered in 2010," Emil Boc said in an interview with Radio Romania Actualitati.
He also mentioned that these measures are currently being planned, following a definite solution to be adopted after public consultation is held. The Ministry of Labour published the draft law on unified pay in the public system on the institution website.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei