Romania's agro-food trade deficit hits 700 M euros January through MayPublish date: Astazi, 23-08-2010
Romania's agro-food trade deficit amounted to 700 million euros January through May this year, which represents a drop by 2.2 percent from the same period in 2009, when it totalled 716 million euros, according to data the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MADR) sent to Agerpres.
Romania exported agro-food products amounting to nearly 769.84 million in the first five months of the year, 4.1 percent less compared to the same period in 2009, while imports fell only 3.2 percent.
Imports of foodstuffs amounted to 1.47 billion euros in the first five months, from 1.519 billion euros in the same time span last year, which brought Romania an agro-food trade deficit worth 700.184 million euros.
Exports of 927,321 tonnes of agro-food products to EU countries have brought 563.94 million euros to Romania, compared with 566.1 million euros in the first five months of the previous year, while exports to third countries totalled 205.89 million euros for 783,797 tonnes of products, compared with a higher figure obtained on these markets in 2009, 236.7 million euros
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei