Romania is European leader in construction sector, in JunePublish date: 18-08-2010
Romania registered in June 2010 compared to May 2010 the highest increase in the volume of construction works in the European Union (16.5 percent), followed at a distance by Spain (7.2 percent) and Poland (4.5 percent), according to the data presented by the Statistical Office of the European Commission (Eurostat) on Wednesday.
At the EU level, the construction output rose in eight member states (Romania included) and fell in six member states. The steepest declines were registered by Hungary (minus 2.3 percent), The Netherlands (minus 1.8 percent) and Slovenia (minus 1.6 percent).
In the euro zone the construction output rose 2.7 percent in June 2010 compared to May 2010 and in the European Union the advance stood at 3.5 percent. June increase is coming after a drop of 0.7 percent in the euro zone and 0.1 percent in the EU in May 2010 compared to April 2010.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei