Funds for surveys, not for roadsPublish date: Astazi, 18-08-2010
The Transport Ministry has prepared a survey through which it plans to find out the routes taken by Romanian drivers during the holidays. According to 'Gandul' daily, approximately 2,800 drivers could be asked to pull over in order to fill out a questionnaire concerning the routes they use during the holidays. The survey, dubbed "Origin - Destination Investigation," is part of the "Road Traffic Census" conducted at European level once every five years.
"In the first stage we will collect data concerning traffic on the busiest national roads. This is a seasonal investigation through which we plan to obtain data on road traffic in Romania during the holiday season, the roads we have in mind being those towards the seaside and mountainside," Vincentiu Cuc, director of the Centre for Technical Road Studies and IT (CESTRIN), the company that conducts the survey, stated. The survey costs EUR 17,000 but its results are highly dependent on the drivers' good will. "The drivers are the key element.
They might be in a hurry or might have other problems. Not all of them will pull over for ten minutes to help us out," Cuc added. He pointed out that the authorities will try to convince the drivers that their answers are very important for planning investments in this domain. Coming soon!
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei