Romania's economy again shows signs of recoveryPublish date: 15-08-2010
Romania's economy again shows signs of recovery and registered an increase in the second quarter 2010 from the previous quarter for the second time since the beginning of the recession in 2009.
The gross domestic product in the second quarter 2010 was, in real terms, by 0.3 percent higher than in the first quarter 2010 (seasonally adjusted data). But when compared with the same quarter in 2009, the gross domestic product decreased by 0.5 percent in the gross series and by 0.6 percent in the seasonally adjusted series.
During the recession Romania's economy also grew in the third quarter 2009 too from the previous quarter, by 0.1 percent, but afterwards it went on declining.
Romania entered recession after its economy had registered decreases for two quarters in a row, in the fourth quarter 2008 from the third quarter 2008 as well as in the first quarter 2009 from the fourth quarter 2008.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei