Industrial output increases 5.6 percent in first six monthsPublish date: 09-08-2010
The industrial output increased as a gross series by 5.6 percent in the first six months of 2010, as compared with the same time span of 2009, and as a seasonally adjusted series depending on the number of working days by 4.4 percent, according to a release issued by the National Institute of Statistics.
The industrial output grew in June 2010 as against May 2010 both as a gross series and as a seasonally adjusted series depending on the number of working days by 4.7 percent and 1.9 percent respectively.
When compared with June 2009, the industrial output (gross series) increased by 6.7 percent and as a seasonally adjusted series depending on the number of working days it increased by 4.7 percent.
The growth of the industrial output, as a gross series, in the first six months of this year as against the same time span of last year was due to the 11.7 percent increase in the production and supply of electric and thermic power, gas, hot water and air conditioning and to the 5.8 percent increase in the processing industry. The extractive industry went down by 9.2 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei