INS: Net salary down 0.4 pc in June from MayPublish date: 05-08-2010
The average net pay in June was of 1,422 RON, down 0.4 per cent, 6 RON, from May, yet up 3.1 per cent against the year-on-year figure, with financial brokerage being the highest paid sector, and the hotel and restaurants sector, the lowest, according to Mediafax. The gross average salary in June stood at 1,951 RON, 0.6 per cent down from the previous month, according to a release by the National Institute of Statistics (INS).
The lower pay in June compared to May was due to occasional bonuses, including the holiday ones, sums from net profit and other funds, underproduction or less revenues, depending on contracts) temporary unemployment and financial difficulties. According to an INS report, first-half gross, working days and seasonally-adjusted retail business turnover, save for sales of autos and motorcycles, fell 4.1 per cent and 5.1 per cent from the year-earlier period. The January-June 2010 downtrend was due to lower gross and adjusted sales of foodstuffs, alcoholic beverages and tobacco products, down 6.1 per cent and 7 per cent, and gross and adjusted sales of non-foodstuffs, which fell 4.9 per cent and 5.8 per cent respectively.
The number of matriculations of new passenger transport vehicles declined by 40.6 per cent in the first half of the year from the year-earlier interval, to 117,513 units, INS also shows that the arrivals and overnight stays at tourist locations fell 3 per cent and 3.7 per cent respectively during January-June, according to INS-supplied data.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei