BCR group sees net profit plunge by 19.5% in H1, to LEI 488.5mPublish date: 02-08-2010
BCR group, owner of the largest lender from the local market Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), reported a consolidated net profit after interests and taxes of 488.5 million lei in the first semester, 19.5 percent down compared to the same period in 2009, on higher provisions, the group announced.
In the first six months of 2009, the group posted a consolidated net profit of 606.8 million lei.
However, the operating profit rose by 19.8 percent from the first half last year, to 1.63 billion lei.
The main engine of this improvement was the strong increase of the net income from interests within the BCR group, by 9.7 percent to 1.9 billion lei, although it stood under the pressure generated by the slash of interest rates and the lower volumes compared to the first semester of 2009.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei