How the Chinese explored the tourism brand Elena Udrea launched. Why wasn't Basescu there?Publish date: 02-08-2010
Made with European Union money, officially launched 24 hours after it had been leaked at home, on the music of Gheorghe Zamfir, and with hostesses from Bolivia and Bulgaria. That was the birth of "our first professional tourism brand", according to the officials, and it was launched on "Romania Day" at the 2010 Shanghai World Expo, which is the most ambitious expo in history.
Of the 70 million visitors Chinese authorities are expecting between May 1st and October 31st, Romania's pavilion has received two million since the beginning of this month. As such, the place where over 200 countries and international organizations chose to show what they had best was deemed the most appropriate place to launch Romania's new tourism image.
"I strongly believe Romania is a country that can truly stand out, that it is a beautiful country waiting to be discovered", said Minister Elena Udrea in a brief speech. The location for the presentation was the stage inside the "Green Apple" (Greenopolis) - Romania's pavilion being one of the only 47 individual national pavilions.
Romania's tourism promotion will focus on "a country of diversity and multiculturalism" (traditions kept over the centuries) and "the impossible to ignore natural wealth", said Udrea. She declared herself "proud to be a Romanian" and asked Nadia Comaneci, Ilie Nastase and Gica Hagi to come up with her on stage, whom she thanked again for yet another show of patriotism.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei