Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates27.03.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5500 RON
- 1 USD 4.1870 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2529 RON
- 1 GBP 5.2686 RON
- 1 gr. aur169.3164 RON
Ceausescu spouses remains, exhumedUpdated: 22-07-2010 | Politics
A medical team from the Institute of Legal Medicine in Bucharest is exhuming on Wednesday the remains of Nicolae and Elena Ceausescu, executed during the Romanian revolution in 1989.
The medical doctors are to take biological samples and send them to the laboratory for DNA testing. Husband of Zoia Ceausescu (Ceausescus' daughter) Mircea Operan will be present on behalf of the family.
The family's only son alive, Valentin Ceausescu and Mircea Oprean started this process, willing to find out if the remains in Ghencea graveyard belong to Nicolae and Elena Ceausescu.
In 2009, Valentin Ceausescu and Mircea Oprean managed to become owners of the tombs, now having the right to require the exhumation of remains after seven years have passed, as provided by the law which bans the exhumation of corpses under that period.
Initially, Valentin Ceausescu and Mircea Oprean have sued the Ministry of National Defence and the institution was ordered by the court of justice to identify the burial places of Ceausescu spouses. However, the Ministry of National Defence failed to comply with the judges decision.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings